Department of Foreign Languages
K.M. Institute of Hindi and Linguistics
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra
The teaching of foreign languages was introduced in the Institute in 1958. In the beginning only German was taught at the Certificate and Diploma level and later on French was added. In the year 1971, courses of the Russian language were started when under the cultural exchange programme educationists from the erstwhile U.S.S.R. visited the Institute. A permanent lecturer was appointed in Russian in 1983. In 1985, the learning of Russian language was enhanced upto the Advanced Diploma level and this facility was also provided to the students of French and German in 1999. M.A. in Russian started in 1989 but it could not be continued in the coming years. An independently working Department of Modern European Language was established in the Institute in 1985 which was renamed as Department of Foreign Language in 1998 in order to include other foreign language (e.g.Japanese, Modern Arabic, etc.)